Sunday, February 1, 2009

Maja & Me - Last day alone

Today Mummy will come home.


With ups and downs, twists and turns and almost-accidents, these two weeks with Maja has been wonderful :)  She is a wonderful dog, and much of the hesitation I had before about me as a dog owner is gone.

Especially the last three days have been great. I finished my concerts and sent all guests out of the house. Suddenly it became a bit more quiet, and Maja has also calmed down quite a bit. Actually, I think she is tired - in a good way, mostly - from these two weeks. And we have had some great walks. Friday I took her to work: a one-and-a-half hour walk. My colleagues adore her and she was played with and cuddled until she collapsed. The rest of the day she slept happily at home :)

Yesterday we had a good walk in the park early in the day, and I for once decided to do some reading. 3 hours on the sofa with a good book, and with Maja snoring beside me. In her favorite position, on her back with her back legs stretched out and her front legs "curled up" a bit.. And with me constantly scratching her belly. It was wonderful. It was complete relaxation and complete trust and comfort from both man and dog :)

In 6 hours mummy comes home, and tomorrow I'll start going to work again, gone from 7 in the morning until 5-6 in the evening. I wonder if Jurgita will take over her position as Maja's "first contact" and I will feel a little bit on the side? I don't think so :) I have learned a lot! And I almost look forward to next time Jurgita goes away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment