Saturday, January 24, 2009

Maja & Me - Home alone - Problems in paradise

Quarter past two at night, and I am lying in bed with my computer. Maja is sleeping beside me.. Being a "single dad" is not the easiest thing, I am trying to balance doing my job (down to 50% these 2 weeks), preparing for concerts, of which I have many big ones these two weeks, and taking care of Maja.

Tuesday and Wednesday we went to Jurgita's parents. Maja usually loves to go there, it's ore people and more activity there than here, and in general more fun. Not so much this time. I think she expected to find Jurgita there, because she really acted a bit sad and depressed while we were there, restless even in her sleep.

And problems have appeared: When I stopped her from chasing another dog the other day, I might have hurt her when I landed on her. I noticed on Tuesday that her left hind leg was a bit stiff, especially when she was walking in stairs, and she didn't want to go for longer walks. That has made me a bit worried.. I keep looking and looking for a limp, to the point where I am not sure if I am making it up or not. It was really there, but it got better up until today. This evening we were playing a little bit on the floor. She must have twisted her leg again while playing, because suddenly she started yelping really loud and started limping really badly. For a long time afterwards she was panting really heavily, I guess because of pain. So, tomorrow we'll go to the vet again. I really hope she'll be fine. There are many times when I notice how strongly attached I am to her - and this is the good thing about being alone with her for two weeks, we are really "bonding" - it is when we are having a nice play together or a really great and funny walk, or - like this - when something hurts her. It can be physical pain or missing mummy. I really want to pick her up, comfort her and make all the bad things go away. Because that is what a parent is for!

No comments:

Post a Comment