Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'M SORRY

I just came home on Sunday morning, after being gone for a week. The first thing that met me was Maja. She just explodes with happiness when someone comes home. True, she explodes with happiness if you have been away for twenty minutes, but I quite simply do not think it is true that dogs do not have a sense of time, and that being away for hours or for days do not make any difference to them! Being gone for some hours is still stability, while being gone for days is instability, and there is a big difference between these things.
When we come, so is really crying, she runs to pick up one - or preferably more - of her toys to bring, and she wags so ahrd that it almost looks painful :) Oh, how wonderful it is to come home when you are met with something like that - tired from journey, but you still get energized and so happy when you are met with so much love and joy :)
And it is so obvious that Maja enjoys it so much when we are both home - everyone is there, everything is safe and stable, everyone is satisfied, there is nothing at all to worry about. Life is perfect for a little dog.
But then, sometimes life brings bad surprises. Yesterday, after only two days, I was off again. Maja is good at spotting when people are packing, and I was also a bit sad for leaving, so I think she understood that something was not the way it was supposed to be.

Off, little sweetheart. I'm sorry for leaving again and for making you worried again. Why do we have to break up when everything is perfect? But I promise, when I come home we'll have long evenings, long scratching-sessions on the floor, long walks with goodies, and long times on the lawn where you can just goof around while I do some work. I have not left you, or left you for another dog! Everything will be fine - just hang in there for 10 days. Soon home!

No comments:

Post a Comment