Thursday, December 3, 2009

A dead mouse

Me and Maja were out walking in the weekend when she suddenly fell behind a bit. I didn't pay very much attention to it - it was a "free" walk in nature, so she ran around as she wanted to herself. But suddenly I heard her bark - not the "boff-ing" that she usually makes, but some very high yelping. When I came to her, she was standing totally transfixed, staring at a dead mouse. I could see that mouses hole in the ground, and it seemed like it was a little bit dug, so maybe Maja had dug it up and caught her? Even so, she was really not happy about her catch; this was not at all things were supposed to be like. The mouse was supposed to breathe, and run, and play, not lie like that, not moving. I tried to call Maja to come, but she kept on staring and very carefully sniffing. When I pulled her away, she followed me for some steps, and then went back again. When I finally made her come, she was really not in the mood for any playing or wagging at all - she seemed quite upset, and it took me a minute or two and a snack to make her the usually happy dog.

Off, little naive Maja :) Really not a hunter and really not very used to the harsh realities of life..

No comments:

Post a Comment