Saturday, September 5, 2009

Home alone

Late Saturday evening, I am sitting by my computer and doing some stuff, and Maja is happily sleeping on the floor beside me after having spent almost the whole day outside.

Jurgita is gone for two weeks on a work trip, so I am a single parent for a while, which will both be nice and a little bit scary. It has been a while since last I posted anything, so I'll try to connect the threads in some longer postings the next days, but not all news are good news.

Maja's eyes have become almost normal again - it took quite some time, though. She was in perfect mood the day after eye operation, but her eyes were really red and swollen for more than a week. We were a bit nervous about it and wondering why it took so long, but with medication every day, she finally looks her old, beautiful self again.

It's quite worse news about her legs, and that is what worries me; she has dysplasia on at least one shoulder, which has led to arthritis. Not good, not good at all; lots of medication and patience awaits us.

But - more about that tomorrow. Maja is grunting in her sleep beside me and is the kindest and most beautiful dog in the world. So right now, all is well with the world :)


Recipe for instant happiness (serves 1 dog and 1-several persons):

1 dog /  water / a little fod / a good toy / a hug

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor baby Maja! :S So sorry for her! I hope she'll get well soon. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete